Impressive Cooling power with Hydrophilic, Anti-microbial Pads
From long climbs to rowdy, technical descents, the Montaro™ MIPS helmet inspires your ride no matter where the trail takes you. Its compact shape offers deep, confident coverage and the Roc Loc® Air fit system boosts ventilation while improving fit. In addition to this helmet’s already impressive cooling power, it’s outfitted with hydrophilic, anti-microbial pads that can absorb up to ten-times their weight in sweat. Giro designed the Montaro MIPS to have full goggle integration with strap grippers on the back of the helmet and a P.O.V. Plus™ visor that allows you to lift the visor and place your goggles on the front of the helmet. Yet another great feature is the full camera mount integration - a clever break-away interface for your favourite light or camera.
All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro’s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to rider’s brain in certain impacts.
ROC LOC® 5
After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc® 5. This ground-breaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc® 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc® 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc® 4
• Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc® 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible.
• Three-Position Bracket: It’s never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible, yet work
• Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe.
• Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc® 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort.
In-mould construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows us to sculpt better ventilation systems, so In-mould helmets can be lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
• MIPS equipped
• P.O.V. Plus visor adjustment
• Hydrophilic, anti-microbial padding
• Full camera mount integration
• Camera mount adapter included
• Full goggle integration with strap grippers
• Construction: In-mould polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
• Roll-cage reinforcement
• Fit System: Roc Loc® Air
• Ventilation: 16 vents with internal channelling
• Certification: AS/NZS 2063-2008